Press "Enter" to skip to content

Henderson woman arrested on suspicion of child abuse

Henderson police have arrested a 20-year-old woman after her younger daughter was hospitalized with extreme accidents.

Keniya Stallworth was arrested Dec. 8 on suspicion of child abuse or neglect with substantial bodily hurt. The arrest stems from accidents suffered by her daughter, who was hospitalized at a St. Rose hospital campus the prior day.

A Henderson Police Department arrest report for Stallworth signifies an emergency room doctor suggested police the youth “had sustained three broken ribs, a lacerated liver, retinal hemorrhages, and possible contusions to the brain. There was also an old pelvic fracture discovered.”

The age of the child was blacked out within the report. Stallworth first advised police she discovered the child on a mattress three to 5 days in the past with an enormous purple mark on her head, the arrest report stated. Stallworth stated it appeared the child dropped a statue on her head. She stated her boyfriend finally advised Stallworth the child was crying, so he introduced the child to her and he or she “looked dead,” police stated within the report.

“(She) was unresponsive and her tongue was hanging out of her mouth,” police quoted Stallworth as saying. “At this point Keniya decided to call 911.”

A witness advised police she spoke with Stallworth across the identical time. The witness stated Stallworth requested her how she ought to cope with an damage the child suffered, and the witness advised Stallworth to take the child to the hospital. Stallworth replied she wouldn’t as a result of she was afraid “the hospital would ask too many questions.”

Another witness advised police of the same dialog with Stallworth, police stated within the arrest report.

Police stated Stallworth then advised them that three to 4 days in the past, she caught the child taking part in with an influence twine.

“Keniya smacked (the child’s) hand, open hand slapped her right side on the ribs, then picked her up and ‘tossed’ her onto a bed,” police stated within the report.

Police additionally relayed an account of the child struggling an injured leg roughly 10 days in the past when the child walked on a moist ground and fell.

“She did notice (the child) walked with a limp after,” police stated. “The incident occurred a week and a half ago and sometimes (the child) would whimper when walking on the injured leg.”

Further particulars in regards to the situation of the child on the hospital weren’t instantly availble Friday. Stallworth remained in custody on the Clark County Detention Center as of Friday morning.

A preliminary listening to in Henderson Justice Court is scheduled for Dec. 29.